The global economy is emerging, and e-commerce has become a vital component of business strategy. From startup to small or medium-sized businesses to huge brands, everybody can benefit from their online store. Companies can sell their products using this digital medium. It is a great way to create your brand value and showcase your products.
What is E-commerce?
Electronic commerce or eCommerce is a process to buy and sell goods or services online using the internet. This process also involves electronically transferring data and funds between buyers and sellers. It is commonly known as online shopping. E-commerce started in the 1960s, but online shopping emerged in the 1990s. The first-ever product sold via a website was a CD by the band Sting on August 11, 1994. The name of the website was NetMarket. The emergence of the smartphone helped the market grow even more. Now anyone can purchase anything sitting in their drawing-room. Now we can search for almost any product or service online without going physically.
There are four kinds of e-commerce model
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C) – When a consumer sells any good or service to another consumer. (Like, you sell your old smartphone to another person).
- Consumer to Business (C2B) – When consumers sell their product to a business. (You sell a photograph to a company to use it commercially).
- Business to Business (B2B) – When one business sells to another business. (E.g. When a company sells software to another company to do business).
- Business to Consumer (B2C) – Where an individual purchases a product directly from a company. (When you a product from an online store)
What is an E-commerce Website?
In the early days of e-commerce, people did the business partially through emails and phone calls. But technology has progressed a lot over the last 20 years. Now everything can be done using a single website. These websites are called e-commerce websites. These websites facilitate online transactions of goods and services. They also reduce the transfer of information and funds over the internet.
Why Is E-Commerce Website So Important?
- Reduce Cost: In a physical business owner displays their product physically. If a business has many products, it is not easy to show all of them. But in an online store, you can display all of your products with the help of e-commerce. You do not need ample space to show your product and for customers to see your creation.
- Go Global: When you are selling directly from your physical store, you can not sell products anywhere in the world. But with the help of e-commerce, you can sell your product or service anywhere in the world.
- Broaden your Brand and Expand Your Business: Any business wants to broaden itself without having a physical branch. E-commerce helps you to expand your business. E-commerce also allows you to build your brand value. Both B2B and B2C companies can boost their brand awareness through E-commerce.
- Better Marketing Opportunities: Marketing is the heart of any business. E-commerce opens many new marketing options. Tools like social media marketing and Email marketing are beneficial to reach people. Any business can enhance its sales or build brand value through a proper SEO strategy. With proper SEO, your online store will appear in the top result of SERP. With a social media network, you will be able to get more engagement and build trust with your customers. Product reviews, blog posts will encourage more people to purchase your products. You also can announce your new product and offers through social media and email marketing.
- 24/7 Open: If you have a physical store, you can not open it 24/7. But with an e-commerce website, you can take orders 24/7/365. That is one privilege you can not have with any other form of business. That can give you extra sales.
- Customer Support: In this competitive market, no company can sustain itself without proper customer support. You can take customer feedback through your website. You can have a ticket system to ensure the best customer support experience.
- Convenience For Buyers: Going to a physical store and purchasing the right product is a time-consuming task. So many people prefer to buy online. It ensures quality products and also saves time. The buying options are quick, easy, convenient, and user-friendly. And the most important thing is the user-friendly fund transfer system.
- Receive Feedback On Your Products Easily: It’s vital to know their products for any business. You can take necessary actions from customer feedback. That also helps you to increase your sale.
- Gather Customer Data: From a physical store, you can not gather all the information you need from your customers for future sales. But from your website, you can do that. You can take his email, phone number, address. That will help you in future marketing. Your website will also give you exact data if anyone cancels a purchase. You can find out the reason to increase sales.
- Secure Payment: Today, the internet payment system is very safe. You can purchase anything online without having a fear of being hacked. Most e-commerce websites use SSL certificates to ensure transaction security. This security technology is increasing day by day as e-commerce is booming.
Building An E-Commerce Website
Now you know the importance of an e-commerce website, and you want to build one for yourself. How do you do it? Well, there are dedicated developers to do the job for you. If you can do it yourself, you have that option too. There are many e-commerce platforms to build your online store. With a little technical knowledge, you can make a site of your own. Or you can hire a technical person to create one for you. These platforms will cost you less than dedicated developers. E-commerce platforms are a quicker way to build an e-commerce website. They are also safe.
WordPress and Woocommerce:
WordPress is an open-source platform to build websites, and Woocommerce is a plugin developed for WordPress. Woocommerce is also an open-source platform, and they have great free features. Right now, more than 30% of websites present on the internet are on WordPress, and 27% of e-commerce websites are on WooCommerce.
WordPress is a very popular CMS (Content Management System), and it easily integrates with WooCommerce. With the power of WordPress and the help of WooCommerce, you can build a website as you want.
Why WooCommerce and WordPress?
- It suits your budget.
- Easy to operate. You do not need an expert to run your online store.
- Lots of paid and free extensions.
- High security.
- You can sell any products (e.g., Physical, virtual, downloadable, service)
- A large amount of free and paid themes.
- Lots of free plugins to enhance the user experience.
- Works with almost all international and local payment gateways.
- Highly customizable.
- Design the website as you want.
- Blogging facility.
- Big community to help you.
- Built-in social media marketing tools.
Shopify is the most popular e-commerce platform with more than a million online store holders. Those who are planning to sell high volume products choose this platform. There are 70+ free themes available in Shopify, and they are highly customizable. You can select from 32,00 apps to enhance the functionality of your store. If you are planning on drop shipping, then Shopify is the best platform for you. This e-commerce software is straightforward to handle for non-tech persons.
- Almost a readymade store. You have to go just after you login.
- It starts at $29 per month.
- Excellent loading speed helps better SEO and user experience.
- Easy app integration.
- It is highly secured.
- Dedicated Shopify experts to help you 24/7/365.
- Easy payment integration.
Magento is the most powerful CMS for e-commerce as it develops for only e-commerce. This platform suits any business. More than 190K e-commerce websites are on Magento. Like WordPress, Magento is also an open-source platform with more than 3,000 third party tool. That is one of the best e-commerce software.
- Highly customizable. You can get any design you want.
- Highly scalable. You can add as many as 500,000 products to your site.
- SEO friendly.
- Built-in upsells and cross-sells facility.
- Intelligent search option.
- It saves money.
- Large community to help you.
BigCommerce is another e-commerce software to build an e-commerce website. It has bulk pricing rates, quote management, customer groups, and custom price lists. This platform helps larger eCommerce sites scale quickly. So if you want to start a high-volume e-commerce store with lots of functionality, BigCommerce is a good option.
- Can bring more visitors with product syndication feature.
- Flexibility to sell on numerous websites. (e.g., Amazon, eBay, or even Facebook)
- Get customer loyalty with gift cards and coupons.
- Easy return management.
- Great integrated POS system
- Quick setup. You have to go just after login.
- SEO friendly and mobile optimized.
- Affordable pricing starting from $29.95.
- 24/7/365 customer support.
Do I Need an Ecommerce Website Development Company?
Yes, You do. Building an e-commerce website is a complicated task. It is not easy for a non-techie person to acquire all the knowledge over the night and build a website. It would help if you had expert hands to help you design and develop your e-commerce website. Looks and functionality are crucial for any e-commerce website. Without that, you can not succeed in this business.
E-commerce Website Design Companies
The role of e-commerce website development company is to gather your requirements and build a website that fits your needs. The design of a website should be professional and attractive. From picking the right color to the product image, everything should be pixel perfect. Even a website with great functionality won’t attract visitors if it does not look nice. Here you need the help of E-commerce website design companies. E-commerce website design companies take full responsibility for the design. This design is your first step to be a successful e-commerce businessman. WebTech is one of the best e-commerce website development company.
The Best E-Commerce Website Development Company
WebTech is one of the leading E-commerce website development companies located in Bangladesh. This company delivers a great e-commerce website according to clients’ needs. Through the building process of an ecommerce website, the company ensures:
- Simple and easy to navigate design.
- Choosing the right color scheme for your website that describes your product.
- A plan that will speak for your brand.
- Confirms a high-quality image.
- Easy to navigate product category.
- Secure Payment gateway integration.
- Proper documentation to use.
- Single shop to multivendor any kind of e-commerce website design.
WebTech – Best Ecommerce Website Development Company in Bangladesh
WebTech was established in 2012. Since then, the team of WebTech has been working on website design, website development, and online marketing services. Over the last six years, this company has delivered more than 150 projects across the world. WebTech has a highly skilled and professional team. The team works for the client with heart without thinking about the size of the project. Every project gets handled with equal care. To get a professional ecommerce website, you need designers, developers, and marketers. WebTech has all of them. They have expert graphics designers and a dedicated website design and developer team. They also have dedicated SEO experts to optimize your e-commerce website to get the highest possible result. To promote your brand, they also have a very skilled marketing team.
The company started its journey in 2012 with just five members. Now the company has 25 in-house employees with many remote workers to support them. The company always maintains its relationship with the clients through the internet. Communication is the heart of any business, and WebTech ensures that. You will get the best service for your e-commerce website from WebTech. They have a strong marketing team and a very skilled content developer team. The team will always help you to get the best sales from your e-commerce website. The members of WebTech are still willing to do some extra for you to ensure the best quality. For your next e-commerce website project, contact WebTech now.